TTF: Following are reasons why Dr Mahathir Mohamad is a lying weasel of a Prime Minister who should step down immediately if we hope to save Malaysia from further destruction:
1. According to SCMP (see news item below), Mahathir “demurred” on whether there had been “resolutions on his plans to cancel controversial Beijing-backed infrastructure projects after meetings with top Chinese leaders as he repeatedly slammed his predecessor Najib Razak’s “stupidity” for endorsing the deals in the first place.”
2. The fact is, the Chinese government more or less gave him the finger by not honouring him with the same 19-gun salute Najib was given upon the latter’s arrival at the grounds of the Great Hall of the People in 2016.
3. Prior to Mahathir’s visit, he had the cheek to warn China against militarising the South China Sea without so much as discussing the matter first with the Chinese government in the spirit of diplomacy.
4. Ever since becoming Prime Minister, he consistently accused the northern republic of engaging in shoddy business deals with the Najib administration without once adducing the evidence to show for it.
5. When asked how he knew the deals were shoddy, all he had to say was that “someone told me so.”
6. His administration went so far as to accuse China-state owned companies of laundering money, the proceeds of which he alleged was used to pay 1MDB related debts.
7. On the 15th of August 2018, his media and communications advisor, A Kadir Jasin, wrote that “the hidden hands of Najib and his 1MDB collaborator, Low Taek Jho aka Jho Low, is suspected.”
8. Kadir was alluding to the soft loans the Export Import (EXIM) Bank of China agreed to provide for the construction of the East Coast Railway Line (ECRL) and the Suria Strategic Energy Resources (SSER) pipeline projects.
9. To date, not a shred of evidence has ever been adduced to substantiate these claims despite them being made in official government capacities.
10. If indeed the deals were stupid, Daim would never have gone to China ahead of Mahathir’s visit to renegotiate financing related to the ECRL project that several quarters, including Mahathir’s own crony, Tan Sri Vincent Tan, acquired some shareholding interests in.
11. The only stupidity in the whole affair is the ballooning of the project cost from RM55 billion to RM70 billion for absolutely no rhyme or reason upon Vincent’s acquisition of the shareholding interests despite the brouhaha regarding the need to slash national debt.
12. It becomes even more stupid when one considers that Daim had the cheek to meet Chinese foreign Minister Wang Yi moments after the head of the MACC, Dato’ Seri Mohd Shukri Abdull, instructed his men to conduct two raids on a Chinese state-owned firm that the DAP’s Tony Pua claimed was linked to 1MDB.
13. Due to the stupidity, Wang triggered a temporary ban on the signing of new deals with Malaysia and convinced Li to cut down drastically on China’s purchase of Malaysian palm oil.
14. The move is set to impact on close to a million Felda settlers who, prior to the 14th general election (GE14), were told by Mahathir to reject Najib at all cost.
15. China has already undertaken to ban the import of durian and bird nests from Malaysia, a move that already is affecting over a hundred thousand planters, farmers, traders and land owners who’re involved in these businesses.
16. The list goes on.
17. How can Malaysians trust a man who, on the 11th of August 2018, lied that the United States (US) Department of Justice told him that the luxury yacht Eauanimity belongs to Low Taek Jho, or Jho Low, who he alleged bought the ship using money stolen from 1MDB?
18. The very next day, I issued a 48 hour notice for him to flash documentary evidence in front of cameras to prove two things (in red):
1. that the US communicated with him and told him that Malaysia was free to do what it liked with the yacht as it rightfully belonged to the country.
2. that the US court had ruled on the status of Equanimity and found that the yacht was purchased using money stolen from 1MDB
I further demanded that he cite the relevant DoJ announcement that made public the US court ruling, if any.
19. I even promised to declare myself a liar and publicly apologise in the event he succeeded in meeting my demands.
20. But not only did he ignore me, he didn’t even have a word to spare when I declared at a “Nothing to Hide” forum live via Facebook (see footage below) that he was “the greatest Malaysian liar.”
Live Part 1. DAP Perdana Menteri Bukan Tun M
Posted by Nothing To Hide MEDIA on Thursday, August 16, 2018
21. How can this lying weasel, who can’t even substantiate his own claim that Equanimity was purchased using stolen 1MDB funds, be the Prime Minister of Malaysia?
22. How can you, Malaysians, take his word that “the hidden hands of Najib and his 1MDB collaborator, Low Taek Jho aka Jho Low, is suspected” in Najib’s dealings with China?
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad on Tuesday demurred on whether there had been resolutions on his plans to cancel controversial Beijing-backed infrastructure projects in his country after meetings with top Chinese leaders, as he repeatedly slammed his predecessor Najib Razak’s “stupidity” for endorsing the deals in the first place.
Mahathir’s five-day visit to China – capped by meetings with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang – was in part meant to move along renegotiation talks on the projects, but the Malaysian leader said more time was needed to achieve his objectives.
While that may have been one unchecked box after his highly anticipated trip, Mahathir said he was glad he was able to assuage anxieties about his policy towards China following his shock defeat of the Beijing-friendly Najib in May.
The premier continued to demur on whether he was seeking to cancel or defer the US$20 billion East Coast Rail Link and two pipelines worth over US$2 billion. While stating that the projects had been cancelled outright, he also said they may be “deferred”.
The 93-year-old leader in July suspended the projects citing their “lopsided” terms against Malaysia and high costs.
His government alleges that large sums of loans the Najib administration took out from the Chinese Export-Import Bank for the projects had been drawn down by the Chinese companies involved in them, even though they are far from completed.
“The projects will not go on. At the moment, the priority is reducing our debt … it will be deferred until such time when we can afford, then maybe we will reduce the cost,” Mahathir said before his departure for Kuala Lumpur.
“If we have to pay compensation, we have to pay. This is the stupidity of the negotiations before. We must find a way to exit these projects … this is our own people’s stupidity.”
On Tuesday, Mahathir, who is back in the political hot seat after a first stint as prime minister from 1981 to 2003, said: “We had no problems with foreign direct investment before. But this happened because the government of Dato Seri Najib overlooked all the previous practices and entered into agreements which are very detrimental to our interests.”
Asked if the funds that had been drawn down by the Chinese companies could be recovered, Mahathir replied, “We will recover the money from Najib”.
“He was the one who entered [into these agreements] … What kind of stupidity is this? We agree to pay on time without any condition that work must be done.”