Anwar turns dictator, sacks youth chairman

The latest sackings are indicators that Anwar is panicking and is tightening his grip on whatever is left of PKR by bulldozing his people through protocol into positions of power and convenience. Source (pic): TTF Files

Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim is getting very desperate seeing that his support in PKR is waning and has resorted to a dictatorial approach to seize complete control of the party.

Earlier today, Muhamad Mizan Adli Mohd Nor and Mohd Ramly Ahmad were both relieved from their respective positions as permanent chairman and deputy chairman of the youth wing for reasons that made no sense.

The state of affairs has upset party grassroots immensely and has since sparked calls for a nationwide boycott of all Anwar events.

The boycott became apparent during the recently concluded convention in Sarawak which a PKR leader close to Sarawak PKR chief Baru Bian described as a failure.


PETALING JAYA: Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim is getting very desperate seeing that his support in PKR is waning and has resorted to a dictatorial approach to seize complete control of the party.

Earlier today, Muhamad Mizan Adli Mohd Nor and Mohd Ramly Ahmad were both relieved from their respective positions as permanent chairman and deputy chairman of the youth wing for reasons that made no sense.




In a letter dated Nov 27, PKR youth national secretary Ahmad Syukri Che Ab Razak listed several reasons for the dismissal, among them being the age of eligibility for the posts which Muhammad and Ramly are said to have exceeded.

Expressing shock, Muhamad questioned the timing of the move as it comes days ahead of the party’s youth national congress which itself is shrouded in controversy.

Muhamad and Ramly are known to be aligned with PKR deputy president Dato’ Seri Azmin Ali along with the wing’s deputy chief, Muhammad Hilman Idham.

On the 20thof November 2019, late in the night, Hilman issued a statement saying that the congress, set to be held in Melaka, would be officiated by Azmin.

Hilman’s statement came days after the party’s central leadership cancelled an invitation for Azmin to officiate the event on the pretext that it would be better for Datin Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail to do the honours as she was advisor to the PKR central leadership council and Deputy Prime Minister.

Dissatisfied, Hilman made note of party tradition that required the event to be officiated by the party deputy president and claimed that he had the support of a majority including elected youth leaders nationwide.

However, the very next day, youth chief Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir said the call by his deputy was not the official stand of the wing

Loading...

According to Akmal, Hilman’s call was misleading as the meeting he mentioned was not attended by top exco members.

The back and forth upset party grassroots immensely and has since sparked calls for a nationwide boycott of all Anwar events.

The boycott became apparent during the recently concluded convention in Sarawak which a PKR leader close to Sarawak PKR chief Baru Bian described as a failure.

According to a report, the convention, opened by Anwar, was held on instructions from the national leadership despite Sarawak PKR’s stand that it should be cancelled.

The party leader claimed that Anwar was unhappy with the 500-odd turnout and did not meet or have discussions with any of the event organisers.

“They (the organisers) estimated about 1,500 people would attend but the hall can only cater for 600 people. Less than 500 people attended the event. It was an embarrassment,” the source was quoted as saying.

Another party member alleged that a payment of RM200 each had been made to those who attended.

Bian has been a vocal critic of Anwar and led a 32-strong delegation from Sarawak PKR to Putrajaya as a sign of solidarity against Anwar’s leadership.

The latest sackings are indicators that Anwar is panicking and is tightening his grip on whatever is left of PKR by bulldozing his people through protocol into positions of power and convenience.

According to a news report, Muhamad said he would refer his termination to the Registrar of Societies (RoS) for clarification.

Muhamad also claimed he was not told of his dismissal earlier or called to defend himself.

He said he only found out about his sacking through a letter sent to his email account.

“As the permanent chairman elected by the 2018 PKR Youth Congress, my position can only be terminated by the congress.

“I was elected legally when I was 35-years-old and based on wishes by the (wing’s) delegates at the (2018) congress.

“This raises the question of why I was sacked days before the national youth wing congress which will be held on Dec 6?

“As the (permanent) chairman who will be chairing the upcoming (wing) congress, I will refer this issue to the RoS,” he was reported as saying.

THE THIRD FORCE



Your donation is much appreciated and will go a long way towards helping us serve you better. Click the donate button below to make a contribution (you don't need a Paypal account to donate through Paypal, simply follow the instructions once you click the button).


SUBSCRIBE TO US ON YOUTUBE:



YOUTUBE: THE THIRD FORCE

TELEGRAM: Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen

TWITTER: Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen

WEBSITE: raggiejessyrithaudeen.com

Loading...

COMMENTS

Comments

Comments



Loading...