Here are the facts:
- GE12 was held on 8 March 2008 – meaning five years later would be 8 March 2013.
- Legally, elections must be held latest by 5 years + 120 days – meaning approximately by early June 2013. In the end, GE13 was held on 5th May 2013.
- Despite knowing the 5 year anniversary of GE12 would be 8 March 2013, DAP knowingly and VOLUNTARILY held their “excel-error” CEC elections on 15 December 2012, which is 2 1/2 months before March 2013.
- GE13 was held on 5th May 2013 – hence 5 year anniversary would be 5th May 2018.
- It is now early July 2017, which is NINE months until early May 2018 – the 5th anniversary of GE13.
- If DAP voluntarily held its Central Executive Committee (CEC) elections 2 1/2 months before the GE12 fifth anniversary in 2013, then how is it sabotage when you still have NINE MONTHS before the G13 fifth anniversary?
- Perhaps YB Gobind Singh can explain how a short 2 1/2 period before GE is not considered sabotaging GE preparations but a more than 3 times longer period of 9 months is considered sabotaging GE preparations?