TTF: The MACC has yet to complete its so-called probe into 1MDB. Despite having raided Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak’s home some weeks back, the agency has yet to give us a clue of discoveries made or if items seized from the property were purchased using stolen 1MDB money. And already, we’re being told of discoveries the MACC is conducting into a book project linked to Najib (see news item below).
Well, what about Zeti?
On Monday, TTF published a copy of a letter that Prince Saud Abdulaziz Majid Al Saud had written to Najib. According to the letter, the sums of money remitted to the former premier by the Saudi Prince was in fact a gift that was to be used at the former’s discretion. The article was supported with evidence of Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz’s role in the whole affair. According to the evidence, Zeti had all along known the identity of the donor and advised Najib to have the money transferred into his personal account.
The said evidence was extracted from the “Kertas Siasatan terhadap Najib Razak” that the current head of the MACC, Datuk Seri Mohd Shukri Abdull, prepared in 2015. Shukri, who was then just the deputy head of the MACC, is now leading a discovery into the RM2.6 billion that ended in Najib’s account. But in 2015, he green-flagged the whole affair by confirming that the money was indeed a gift that Zeti knew about all along.
Dr Mahathir Mohamad won the 14th general election (GE14) on a big lie. The evidence furnished by The Third Force proves beyond any measure of doubt that the discovery being conducted by the MACC is nothing but a farce, contrived to impress upon us that Najib had prevented the agency from doing its job. The first thing Shukri ought to have done – if at all his intention is to reexamine the case – would have been to get a clear picture from Zeti by summoning her to the MACC. But did the MACC chief do anything of that sort?
Not only that, he even refused to entertain the 4th of June 2018 article by The Third Force that spread like wildfire through WhatsApp and We Chat. Not even Mahathir had any words to offer newsmen when asked about the content of the article. He preferred to go for the Agong’s jugular instead by implying that the ruler was too expensive to maintain and spent half a billion ringgit in just 16 months.
And where did he get that information from?
Why, from WhatsApp and We Chat, of course. And we’re talking the very same WhatsApp and We Chat though which the article by The Third Force went viral. A spreadsheet purporting to detail the Agong’s expenditure made its rounds through the messaging channels before we presented evidence to the contrary (READ FULL STORY HERE). It says a lot when your own Prime Minister is willing to settle for bogus spreadsheets but refuses to comment on legitimate info presented to him in the black and white.
And that brings me to my point:
Not only is the MACC’s investigation into the 1MDB affair a sham, Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz may herself have facilitated the leak of confidential information to both Sarawak Report and Mahathir. She may even have conspired with the duo to subvert the 14th general election by having that information tweaked. The whole “Agong spent half a billion” affair is nothing but a diversion designed to to take the heat off her following the evidence exposed by The Third Force.
PETALING JAYA: A project to buy 20,000 copies of the book “Najib Razak, Di Sebalik Nama (Behind The Name)” worth about RM400,000 is believed to be under a corruption investigation involving a director of Permodalan Usahawan Nasional Berhad (PUNB).
Sources said so far, three key witnesses have had their statements recorded by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) and more witnesses will be called in to assist the graft probe.
It is learnt the MACC has started an investigation against the board member over alleged abuse of power.
“Witnesses to be called in very soon are those with knowledge or have some links on the publication of a book project.
Selangor MACC director Datuk Alias Salim confirmed the details.
Alias said his officers will need to scrutinise the statements from witnesses and seized documents during their visit to PUNB last week.
“Investigations are being carried out under Section 23 of the MACC Act 2009,” he said.
According to reports, it was alleged that the project involved the purchase of 20,000 copies of the book “Najib Razak, Di Sebalik Nama”, worth about RM400,000, at the end of last year.
A team of MACC officers were said to have visited Human Resources and Finance divisions of the PUNB office in Jalan Stesen Sentral 5 in Kuala Lumpur to carry out an investigation.
Source: The Star Online