TTF: Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Tan Sri Rais Yatim and Maszlee Malik are playing a very sinister game.
The game is simple:
1. First, Mahathir appoints Mazlee as Minister of Education.
2. He then gets Mazlee to lean favourably towards the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC).
3. Days later, he gets Rais to fan Malay sentiments by criticising the UEC.
4. By doing so, Rais effectively shifts the spotlight away from PPBM by sending a message to the Malays that the party leadership “disagrees with what Mazlee is doing.”
5. The Malays get rilled up and train their guns at Mazlee and the DAP, not PPBM.
6. It isn’t long before things boil over
7. The minute that happens, Mazlee quickly retracts his support for the UEC to shift the spotlight entirely on the DAP.
8. Soon, clashes between the Malays and the authorities erupt.
9. Mahathir quickly orders the arrest of “all rabble rousers and demonstrators” on the pretext of protecting national security and harmony.
10. He then lures as many UMNO MPs as he can into PPBM to prove that the DAP is no longer a dominant force in Pakatan Harapan.
11. The Malays breathe a sigh of relief upon seeing this and begin to accept PH wholeheartedly.
The end result?
Mahathir ends up crippling UMNO and controlling Pakatan Harapan from tip to tail.
KUALA LUMPUR: Former minister and PPBM member Tan Sri Rais Yatim reiterated criticism against Pakatan Harapan’s (PH) proposal to recognise the Unified Examination Certificate (UEC), during a rally at Sultan Sulaiman Club in Kampung Baru today.
Speaking to a crowd of thousands, Rais gave a fiery speech calling out Education Minister Maszlee Malik over his ministry’s study on whether the government would recognise the Chinese vernacular education certificate.
“Dong Jiao Zong wants our government to recognise UEC, but has our minister considered looking into Sections 15, 16 and 13 of his (ministry’s) Act and whether or not UEC is aligned to it? He must answer this question!” said Rais to the roars of approval.
“It is not the government that must be with Dong Jiao Zong but it is Dong Jiao Zong that must be with the government and the ministry.
“Our wise minister who wants to implement black shoes. Please think back and don’t fear because at the Sultan Sulaiman Club this morning, our people are ready to state what must be done in our government’s administration!” Rais said.
Maszlee is also from PPBM.
He then reminded attendees that Bahasa Melayu is the national language and it was part of Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s Vision 2020 to prioritise the language.
Rais then pointed to India, Indonesia, Singapore and the United Kingdom as nations that only have a single system of academic certification.
“We cannot have multiple examination systems, we cannot have more than one certification system. Look at Singapore, Indonesia, India and the United Kingdom and many other nations… they only have one certification system.
“Why must there be two systems with UEC?” he then questioned.
Finally, Rais pointed out that the UEC was only the 50th pledge in the PH manifesto and advised the government to focus on economic matters first.
He spoke at a rally themed “New Malaysia Post-GE14: Malay Muslims Under Threat.”
Source: The Malay Mail Online