“Even the Director-General of Health, Dr Noor Hisham, admitted that almost half of the cases that ensued following the crisis were traced to a religious gathering that took place in Sri Petaling between the 28th of February and the 1st of March 2020”
Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen
In what amounts to an ongoing smear campaign against Parti Warisan Sabah (Warisan), Parti Cinta Sabah (PCS) slammed Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal today for allowing Covid-19 patients to vote.
According to PCS president Datuk Pang Yuk Min, Shafie failed to see the health risk in allowing people who are coronavirus positive to go and vote.
“Yes, we can’t stop anyone from exercising their right to vote. But we’re experiencing a dangerous pandemic situation. Human lives are more important.
“How would he and Warisan answer to the people if the number of cases suddenly go out of hand because of their selfishness?” he said in a statement today.
Now, here is how PCM lied:
1. Never once did Shafie or WARISAN claim that people who are coronavirus positive should come out to vote.
2. PCM only told half the story, omitting the fact that Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin himself promised “an early general election” should Gabungan Rakyat Sabah win the Sabah state election. Is this not proof that Muhyiddin sees no problem in holding elections?
3. Muhyiddin also gave full support for the Chini and Slim by-elections despite knowing that a general election will be held soon.
4. Both the by elections were held much earlier and would definitely have posed a greater risk to Malaysians in terms of spiking the number of Covid-19 infections.
5. Muhyiddin himself organised a gathering on the 22nd of August 2020 involving some 5,000 people despite advising all and sundry to “avoid mass gatherings.”
6. If anyone should be blamed, it should be Muhyiddin, whose pawn, Tan Sri Musa Aman, attempted a coup by trying to con the Yang di-Pertua Negeri into thinking that he had the majority to take over the Sabah state government.
7. It was due to this attempt that Shafie was forced to advice the Yang di-Pertua Negeri to dissolve the state assembly so as to ensure that the state would not fall into the hands of greedy opportunists who were not mandated by the people to run government.
8. And it is due to this attempt that thousands upon thousands are gathering as we speak at Barisan Nasional and Muhyiddin-endorsed ceramahs, far outnumbering WARISAN organised events by leaps and bounds.
9. PCS also committed Muhyiddin’s own coup attempt that he engineered with the help of UMNO’s Team A.
10. The coup resulted in a week of political turmoil and led to the infamous Langkah Sheraton, all of which paralysed the Health Ministry’s then successful efforts to curb the Covid-19 threat.
11. Even the Director-General of Health, Dr Noor Hisham, admitted that almost half of the cases that ensued following the crisis were traced to a religious gathering that took place in Sri Petaling between the 28th of February and the 1st of March 2020.
12. Nobody could possibly have done anything about the gathering back then as Muhyiddin was too busy wheeling and dealing with UMNO and PAS in his bid to become Prime Minister.
13. It was this wheeling and dealing that precipitated negligence and brought about a spike in the number of Covid-19 cases, then at an all time low.
14. All of this happened because PPBM, UMNO and PAS politicians were more concerned with money, power and positions than the wellbeing of the general public.