Huzir: PDRM will leave it to courts to decide if men in sex videos were Haziq and Azmin

Datuk Huzir Mohamed said his team had received a report on the video from Cybersecurity Malaysia and would discuss with the Attorney General’s Chambers for further action. Source (pic): Kosmo

Federal police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Datuk Huzir Mohamed said the police will leave it to the court to reveal the identity of the men in the viral sex video implicating a federal minister.

“We will make new arrests if needed,” he told reporters after launching the VTREC-PDRM Vehicle Theft awareness campaign 2019 at Nu Sentral, here, today.

“We will also investigate claims that the six men detained had turned a location into their headquarters to discuss and disseminate the sex videos.”

A special task force led by Huzir was established on June 17. The task force consists of CID officers, forensics experts and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission.


KUALA LUMPUR: Police will leave it to the court to reveal the identity of the men in the viral sex video implicating a federal minister.

Federal police Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Datuk Huzir Mohamed said his team had received a report on the video from Cybersecurity Malaysia and would discuss with the Attorney General’s Chambers for further action.

“We will make new arrests if needed,” he told reporters after launching the VTREC-PDRM Vehicle Theft awareness campaign 2019 at Nu Sentral, here, today.


“We will also investigate claims that the six men detained had turned a location into their headquarters to discuss and disseminate the sex videos.”

Former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz and five other individuals, aged between 25 and 38, have been remanded until July 20 to assist police investigations into the sex videos.

Haziq is being investigated under Section 377B of the Penal Code and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.

He was previously detained by police at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 for questioning on June 14 but was released the next day.

A special task force led by Huzir was established on June 17. The task force consists of CID officers, forensics experts and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission.

Meanwhile, on vehicle thefts, Huzir said the total number of cases had declined over the years.

He said a total of 35,953 vehicle theft cases were recorded in 2018 compared to 42,158 in 2017.

According to the 2018 statistics, 26,779 theft cases involved motorcycles, 7,413 cars and 1,761 lorries, vans and heavy vehicles.

“As of July 11 this year, 16,186 cases were recorded, a reduction of 2,991 cases compared to the same period last year.

“A total of 11,872 cases involved motorcycles; cars (3,954) and lorries, vans and heavy (818).”

Source:

Loading...

COMMENTS

Comments

Comments



Loading...