A closed circuit television recording (CCTV) has proved that PKR candidate, Dr S Streram did not collect his Election Commission candidate pass.
Khairy is upset by Rafizi’s accusation that he (Khairy) conspired with the Menteri Besar of Negeri Sembilan to prevent Dr Streram from entering the centre.
He has decided to stop Rafizi’s defamation spree and is going to take the former Pandan MP to court.
REMBAU: A closed circuit television recording (CCTV) has proved that PKR candidate, Dr S Streram did not collect his Election Commission candidate pass, as he claimed before.
The anesthesiologist could not submit his nomination paper on April 28 and had claimed this was because he could not collect the EC candidate pass.
UMNO Youth chief, who is also BN candidate for the Rembau parliamentary seat, Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar, said the PKR candidate for the Rantau state seat had claimed that he had tried to get the pass but failed, was untrue.
“It’s a false accusation. He (Dr Streram) said he didn’t get his pass although he had gone to EC office to ask for it. However, CCTV footage proved that he did not go to collect the pass,” he said in a video message posted on his Facebook, here today.
Last Saturday, Mohamad, who is also Negri Sembilan Menteri Besar, officially won the seat unopposed when Dr Streram failed to submit nomination forms at the nomination center held at the Sri Rembau Hall, here.
Following this, PKR vice-president Rafizi Ramli had accused Khairy Jamaluddin of conspiring with Mohamad for the EC’s action which prevented Dr Streram from entering the centre for not having the EC pass.
Khairy said, he was upset by Rafizi’s accusation, and had ordered his lawyer to proceed with further action after the period given to the PKR Vice-President to retract the alleged allegations was ignored by the latter.
He said Rafizi’s accusations were serious and he believed the incident was to trigger another wave of defamation by the opposition over the next few days, near to polling day which will take place next Wednesday.
He said in the 13th General Election (GE-13), there were rumours that there were 40,000 Bangladeshi nationals traveling into Kuala Lumpur to vote for Barisan Nasional (BN), but until today, there had been no evidence to back the claim.
“Clearly, the opposition had made such accusation to confuse the people and the voters. This incident in Rantau was only to spark and provoke people’s anger.
“Enough is enough Rafizi, I’ll see you in court. I want to stop this defamation culture that you really love,” he said.
Source: NST Online