“Everyone knows Ronnie Liu is Lim Kit Siang’s stooge, and everyone knows that the longer Anwar remains Pakatan Harapan chairman, the deeper will be the DAP’s political grave. Ronnie Liu should be more concerned about this instead of ‘entertaining’ us with ‘upside-down’ versions of the truth”
Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen
كليڤ اءوديو بوچور: 22 سبب مڠاڤ رونني ليو دان ليم كيت سياڠ ڤنيڤو بسر
DAP central executive committee member Ronnie Liu today named Datuk Seri Azmin Ali and Zuraida Kamaruddin as traitors and Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman as a victim of their deception.
In a Facebook posting, Ronnie sang praises of PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, who he said “gave room to Dr M (during the 21st of February 2020 PH presidential council meeting) and was willing to compromise.”
Ronnie was referring to the release of a “third audio clip” featuring members of the Pakatan Harapan presidential council discussing Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad’s tenure as Prime Minister and the transition of his power to Anwar.
The two hour clip revealed two opposing factions — one insisting that an exit timeframe be set for Mahathir to retire, and another, insisting that talks about power transition (by Anwar and his men) had undermined Pakatan Harapan’s credibility.
Following the meeting’s conclusion, the presidential council subsequently gave its full backing to Mahathir to set an exit date.
Acoording to Ronnie, Gobind Singh Deo and Khalid Samad were among those ‘brave’ enough to oppose the traitors (Azmin, Zuraida and gang).
He added that there would have been no problems should Mahathir have not resigned as Prime Minister or heeded the advice of the Yang di-Pertuan Agong not to do so.
“In the end, the PH government fell because of a power grab by those in Tun M’s party,” he said.
However, what Ronnie failed to mention is as follows:
1. Two PPBM audio clips that were released days before the release of the “third clip” shows clearly that Mahathir was being pressured by some of his own people from within the party.
2. These people wanted PPBM to leave Pakatan Harapan and rub shoulders with UMNO en bloc on the basis that the DAP was not accepted by the Malay-Muslims.
3. However, Mahathir stuck to his guns and opposed such a move (for the immediate term) as he was against working with a party (UMNO) he fought against during the 14th general election, insisting that the party was corrupt.
4. The clips inadvertently proved this and the fact that he did not abandon the DAP, something Ronnie completely ignored.
5. As for the presidential council meeting, it was the culmination of a carefully strategised plot by Anwar and his men (including Otai Reformasi, Syed Husin and some DAP members, possibility even Ronnie) to give the false impression that a transition agreement specifying an exit timeframe for Mahathir existed.
6. It was Anwar’s persistence on the matter that scared investors off, making PPBM Members of Parliament loathe him (and the DAP) and culminating with the party’s high council meeting.
7. It was in this meeting that Mahathir’s own men brought pressure to bear on him.
8. On the 19thof May 2020, I made note of an exchange between the DAP’s Gobind Singh Deo and PPBM’s Syed Saddiq Abdul Rahman during the PH presidential council meeting, where Gobind was heard admitting that during the 14th general election, Pakatan Harapan did not fix a timeline for Mahathir to exit.
9. “I don’t think you understand what I’m saying. At the election, we didn’t fix the time, but after that we stated a time. You want to see the videos,” asked Gobind, responding to a statement by Azmin.
10. Gobind was thereafter interrupted by Syed Saddiq, who recalled a PH agreement giving full confidence to Mahathir in deciding when to step down.
11. To this, Gobind asked; “Why do you get so emotional,” adding that he was also answerable to his party supporters.
12. Here, we can see how Gobind inadvertently admitted that the DAP was determined to turn Anwar into Prime Minister and tell its supporters when Mahathir was leaving.
13. We can also see how Gobind admitted that Pakatan Harapan never once fixed a timeframe for Mahathir to resign prior to the 14th general election.
14. But the DAP never once admitted this back when Anwar ’s supporters kept hounding Mahathir, insisting that Pakatan Harapan had agreed on a “two-year exit strategy” prior to the 14th general election.
15. As a matter of fact, the DAP stood silent when Anwar himself claimed that a “signed agreement” bearing details of that strategy existed.
16. Several PPBM leaders denied the existence of such an agreement, while TTF challenged Anwar to produce the document if indeed it existed.
17. But all Lim Kit Siang did was threaten the people with his ‘resignation’ if Mahathir failed to make way for Anwar to take over as Prime Minister.
18 Instead, Kit Siang should have pointed out that the whole transition issue was being politicised by Anwar and his men for no reason whatsoever and that Anwar was jeopardising the people’s support for Pakatan Harapan.
19. It is ironical that Anwar and the DAP conspired to play up the transition issue from early on when the so-called “two year timeframe” was not even up yet.
20. It is even more ironical that Anwar and his men began playing up the issue barely three months into Mahathir’s premiership.
21. And now, all Ronnie has to say is “what a hero Gobind was” during the presidential council meeting (when in fact, he was a ‘zero’) and how Anwar handled himself like a boss (when in fact, he was at a loss).
22. Everyone knows Ronnie Liu is Lim Kit Siang’s stooge, and everyone knows that the longer Anwar remains Pakatan Harapan chairman, the deeper will be the DAP’s political grave.