KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission says it was not contacted by the US Department of Justice (DoJ) ahead of its latest civil action related to 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB).
MACC chief commissioner Datuk Dzulkifli Ahmad said the Commission was equally in the dark as the police and the Attorney-General’s Chambers.
Asked if the MACCC was investigating the case, he said the matter was under the purview of the police.
“We don’t want to overlap with another agency,” Dzulkifli told reporters after launching the Sahabat SPRM programme at Berjaya Times Square mall, here, Saturday.
The DoJ on Thursday moved to seize US$540mil (RM2.3bil) of assets allegedly belonging to 1MDB.
However, 1MDB stated it had not been contacted by the DoJ over the latest lawsuit.
This time last year, US prosecutors filed civil asset-forfeiture suits against more than US$1bil (RM4.27bil) worth of artworks, real estate and other assets owned by several individuals.
Source: The Star Online