TTF: Dato’ Seri Najib Razak will be charged today on multiple counts of allegedly abusing his power to receive RM2.6 billion using his personal account.
Yesterday, I wrote:
It has since been proven that a statement entered in a 2015 investigation paper prepared by Shukri himself contradicted a denial by former Bank Negara Governor Tan Sri Zeti Akhtar Aziz.
On the 3rd of July 2018, Zeti denied having any knowledge of the RM2.6 billion that entered Najib’s personal bank account.
But Shukri’s 2015 paper stated the exact opposite, saying that it was Zeti who suggested to a representative from Saudi Arabia that the money be entered into Najib’s Ambank account.
What this means, is that Zeti had either lied to the MACC in 2015 or lied to media earlier this year.
Despite this, the MACC failed to call her in for questioning in its so-called “renewed investigations into 1MDB” despite having called both Najib and Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor to record their statements.
As a matter of fact, the correct thing for Shukri to have done would have been to resign as MACC head following Zeti’s remarks to allow himself to be investigated by the anti-graft agency.
Shukri’s failure to do so and Najib’s arrest by the MACC today reaffirms what I said on the 13th of July 2018, that a conspiracy does exist to throw Najib under the bus.
The arrest that took place today and the coming departures of UMNO MPs was planned even before the 14th general election and was already anticipated to happen this week.
These events were planned to coincide with Mahathir’s five-day visit to the United Kingdom (UK) prior to his address at the 73rd United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
Mahathir is in London as we speak.
TTF has since been informed by an MACC insider that Dr Mahathir Mohamad personally instructed that the court proceeding be held at 3pm to make it impossible for Najib to post bail.
Under the circumstances, Najib would have to spend a night at the Sungai Buloh prison, leaving people the impression that the crime he is alleged to have committed is so serious that the process to free him is tedious.
We hereby urge Mahathir to stop this madness and allow Najib to post bail today.
KUALA LUMPUR: Former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak is expected to face multiple charges for alleged abuse of power involving the RM2.6 billion found in his personal account.
Najib, who has maintained that the money was a “donation”, was taken into the custody of the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) today at 4.13pm when he presented himself at its headquarters.
MACC, in a statement, said Najib would be charged under Section 23(1) of the MACC Act 2009, following the Attorney-General Chamber’s nod for the case to be taken to court.
Najib is scheduled to be taken to the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court at 3pm tomorrow.
“MACC will also cooperate with the police to have his (Najib’s) statement recorded to facilitate police investigations under the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFPUAA),” the statement said.
Early last month, Najib was charged with three counts of money laundering under AMLATFPUAA, and had four other earlier charges amended with regard to the RM42 million from SRC International found in his personal account.
The three deposits, amounting to RM27 million, RM5 million and RM 10 million, were found to have been wired into his AmIslamic Bank account between Dec 26, 2014, and Feb 10, 2015.
In the case of the contentious RM2.6 billion, Najib had recently gone on social media to claim that the late King Abdullah Abdulaziz Al-Saud of Saudi Arabia, who died in 2015, had given him the money since 2011.
He had furnished documents of transactions relevant to the sum in question.
Investigators, however, in drawing up this case against Najib, did not buy into this line of defence.
It is understood that prosecutors could level no fewer than four charges of abuse of power against him.
They had zoomed in on “dubious” transactions in his personal accounts between 2011 and 2014, which total to about RM2.6 billion.
On Saturday, the New Straits Times reported that investigators, in preparing to charge Najib on the RM2.6 billion case, were dealing with a 250-page stack of facts of the case.
It is learnt that the prosecution will have on its side about 130 witnesses, including representatives of banks, the Treasury, as well as officers from 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB), which investigators believe was the source of the funds.
News of Najib’s impending second court appearance to face criminal charges comes two days after NST’s frontpage report on Monday, which quoted sources as saying that his wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, would be levelled with charges of money laundering, including one that involved the purchase of anti-ageing products worth just over RM1 million.
Last night would be the second time Najib spent the night at the MACC lock-up.
The first, was after he was picked up in July in relation to the SRC International case.
Source: NST Online