THE THIRD FORCE
To: Lim Kit Siang
Attn: Lim Guan Eng
In a report published by The Malay Mail Online yesterday, you were quoted as asking the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) if it would seek the removal of articles published via Malaysia Today, articles you alleged were “dastardly and preposterous” against you. According to the report, the request for removal by your good self was to test “whether (or not) the MCMC is an independent, impartial and professional organisation.”
In light of this development, I have undertaken to point out the fake news and disinformation campaigns that your own son, Lim Guan Eng, has thus far waged against the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC), the ruling Barisan Nasional, UMNO and the MCA. The latter’s libellous attacks and slander against the general establishment threatens to incite distrust against persons of authority and the democratically instituted Government of Malaysia (GoM).
Not only do these acts border on psycho-neurotic tendencies, they can never be condoned, as Guan Eng is himself a figure of authority entrusted by the people of Penang to lead the state government. However, his ability to do so is now in question considering that his actions, mannerisms and etiquette both in front of newsmen and in media reeks of subversive tendencies that threaten to jeopardise national security and harmony.
It is for this reason, above all, that I urge you to focus more on getting your son to step down both as Chief Minister of Penang and Secretary-General of the DAP rather than worry about publications by this party or that party. To help you appreciate the gravity of the situation, I have undertaken below herein to highlight in point-form key events as they have unfolded to substantiate the idea that Lim Guan Eng is without a doubt the personification of disinformation and fake news in Malaysia.
Proof that Lim Guan Eng is the bearer of fake news:
1. Last Sunday, I challenged Guan Eng to issue a formal retraction of a 4th of March 2013 report by the Penang state government’s official gazette, Buletin Mutiara.
2. According to the report, not only did the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) awarded the RM6.3 billion Penang Undersea Tunnel project register a paid-up capital of RM4.6 billion, both Zenith Construction Sdn Bhd and CRCC jointly held a 70 percent stake in the conglomerate.
3. However, on the 23rd of January 2018, Dato’ Seri Wee Ka Siong more or less rubbished the report by pointing out that CRCC denied it was ever a shareholder from the get-go.
4. Then, on the 11th of February 2018, the MCA Deputy President further noted that the Chinese construction giant had long stopped work owing to the SPV’s failure to fulfil 95 percent of its obligations, said to be worth some RM69 million.
5. In an apparent response to the MCA leader, on the 7th of February 2018, Guan Eng denied for the umpteenth time that he ever contended CRCC was a shareholder.
6. But not only is this a blatant lie on the Chief Minister’s part, there is ample evidence to prove that he did in fact tie the Chinese construction firm up with the tunnel SPV in terms of shareholding.
7. Considering that Guan Eng insists on lying forward, the aforementioned evidence is effectively testimony to the fact that the Chief Minister of Penang is in the business of disseminating disinformation and untruths in a manner that is wilful and probably with intent to deceive the people.
8. Considering also that these lies are communicated by him in the same breath he hurls slander against the MACC, the ruling Barisan Nasional, UMNO and the MCA, we can conclude with a reasonable degree of certainty that his mission is to incite hatred among Malaysian citizens against persons of authority and the democratically instituted GoM.
9. When I challenged Guan Eng to issue a formal retraction of the 4th of March 2013 report by Buletin Mutiara, I did so with prior knowledge that he had gone on record several times to deny that CRCC ever had a shareholding in tunnel SPV.
10. But not only did he ignore my challenge, he continued to eclipse the blunder by accusing Ka Siong of denying that the president of the MCA, Dato’ Seri Liow Tiong Lai, “abused his power as Transport Minister to pressure CRCC, which Wee and BN first dragged into this political controversy.”
11. That makes no sense whatsoever, particularly since it is the Chief Minister himself who misled the people into thinking that the tunnel SPV was financially backed by a Chinese construction giant worth RM4 billion.
12. Furthermore, it is the DAP led state government that seems to have conspired to award the RM6.3 billion tunnel project to the ill-capacitated SPV by breaking procurement rules, lying about shareholding and publishing fake news via the state’s official newsletter.
13. The fact that the Chief Minister has no intention of putting right what is wrong is made manifest by his refusal to issue a formal retraction of the 4th of March 2013 report by Buletin Mutiara.
14. His refusal to do so goes a long way to show that his administration may have published fake news with the wilful intent of further deceiving the people and misleading authorities.
15. For the record, all I’ve done today is to adduce as evidence one of the many instances in which Guan Eng has promoted the spread untruths and fake news.
16. If I were to list down the countless number of times the Chief Minister promoted the same while defending the multibillion tunnel project, the alleged bungalow-for-land scam deal, the cancer-causing illegal factory in Kampung Sungai Lembu (where I personally cornered him) and the Tanjung Bungah landslide, there is no telling how long this notice will go.
17. Which is why, I will leave the remaining details for another editorial assuming you deny the validity of all the aforementioned or falsely accuse others of publishing fake news.
What can we conclude from all this?
1. The Chief Minister of Penang and his state administration should be investigated by the Ministry of Home Affairs pursuant to the Printing Presses and Publication Act 1984 for publishing fake news via the state run Buletin Mutiara. The Third Force is currently in talks with some people of authority and is in the midst of compiling evidence to be presented to the Ministry of Home Affairs in the nearest time possible.
2. The Chief Minister and his administration should also be investigated by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) pursuant to the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 for furnishing fake news online via the state-run portal Buletin Mutiara and some other channels. As in the case above, The Third Force is currently in talks with the same persons of authority and is in the midst of compiling evidence to be presented to the MCMC in the nearest time possible.
3. As previously mentioned and based on arguments presented herein, we can conclude with a reasonable degree of certainty that the Chief Minister’s mission is indeed to incite hatred among Malaysian citizens against people of authority and the democratically instituted GoM.
4. In our opinion, Lim Guan Eng is in no way suited to serve as Chief Minister of Penang and the leader of a political party as he has displayed both subversive and psycho-neurotic tendencies on countless occasions, particularly during the many press-conferences he held in which he hurled slander against the ruling Barisan Nasional, UMNO, the MCA and the MACC.
Note: Please treat this notice as “notice that has been served”
(Edited: 1pm, 7/3/18, 4.09pm again the same day)