Dato’ Eric See-To
Here are three examples of how the Penang Govt has started to resort to half-truths and outright lies in order to defend against the continued exposure of the mega-billion Penang Undersea Tunnel Scam.
NUMBER ONE – 110 acres of land not transferred to Zenith and no luxury condo and no high-density luxury condominiums have been approved for it.
Yesterday, Penang CM Lim Guan Eng’s statement said:
“This is false because the 110 acres of net developed land has not been transferred to Zenith. Where is it stated that there is approval for high-density luxury condominiums? How then can there be approval for high-density luxury condominiums when the land has not even been transferred?”
This was also reported in The Star here:
“Land in question not transferred to SPV, says Lim” https://tinyurl.com/ybwntnkd
Yes, 110 acres (which would have been worth RM6.34 billion) were not transferred yet but what Guan Eng failed to mention is that 5.67 acres was already transfered.
This is confirmed by Penang EXCO Lim Hock Seng:
“Lim Hock Seng said only RM208 million had been paid, via a land alienation, to Consortium Zenith Construction Sdn Bhd, at Tanjung Pinang.” https://tinyurl.com/ya7sysev
This was also confirmed here by Guan Eng himself:
“We only swapped two pieces of land with the development value of RM1,300 psf for 3.7 acres of land (wrongly reported, it should 5.67 acres) which comes up to RM208 million,” he said in a press conference at his office today. https://tinyurl.com/y9oxpvwu
Out of this 5.67 acres, 3.7 acres was indeed approved for high-density luxury condominiums for the City of Dreams project. In fact, it is very dense at 155 acres per unit and the approval was super-fast in 8 fays. https://tinyurl.com/ybsmrd7b
The developers which includes the Tunnel company expects RM200mil GDV for this particular project alone:
NUMBER TWO – P.Ramasamy not involved in Penang Tunnel project. Guan Eng criticises MACC for investigating Ramasamy in undersea tunnel probe.
Yesterday, Guan Eng expressed his surprise that Deputy CM ii P.Ramasamy was called by MACC for questioning when the latter was not involved in the project at all.
Guan Eng said Ramasamy’s portfolio is unrelated to the infrastructure project, so there was no reason for MACC to call him in as a witness. “His portfolio is in education and library, what has it got to do with the undersea tunnel project? https://tinyurl.com/ya73h5hs
P.Ramasamy himself said: ““I was not directly involved in the undersea tunnel project and don’t know what they will ask me,” he told reporters gathered outside the MACC office.
However, P.Ramasamy has issued statements to defend the Penang Tunnel scandal on:
– 25 Jan 2018, – https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/409920
– 26 Jan 2018 – https://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/410095
– 07 Feb 2018, – https://www.malaysiakini.com/letters/411398
– 12 Feb 2018 – https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/411945
– 13 Feb 2018, – https://www.malaysiakini.com/news/412076
P.Ramasamy also claimed that the Minister of Transport Liow Tiong Lai is trying to sabotage the Penang Tunnel project because Liow was late in replying a letter from Ramasamy asking to acquire land for the Penang Tunnel project: https://tinyurl.com/ycp5pawa
And yet, P.Ramsamy and Lim Guan Eng dare to claim that Ramasamy is not involved in the Penang Tunnel project at all?
NUMBER THREE – Penang Gvt claims that Transport ministry refusing to let go of land for road project
The Penang government is upset that the transport ministry is refusing to give up a piece of land to make way for the three main roads project. Deputy Chief Minister II P Ramasamy said the piece of land in Jelutong was owned by the ministry. He said the ministry had “refused to budge” despite many attempts to hold talks. https://tinyurl.com/ycp5pawa
However, this is untrue. The Penang Govt only received conditional EIA approval on Nov 7, 2017. They themselves also said that the construction of the road is on scheduled to start in June 2018. https://tinyurl.com/ya3mfx9s
And P.Ramasamy himself said that he only wrote to the Transport Minister on Dec 15, 2017 and received a reply on Feb 5, 2018 to set-up the meeting.
Is a reply that is 1 /2 months late (including end of year holidays season) is considered the Transport Minister sabotaging the project?
Over the past month and in the face of mounting hard evidence, the Penang Govt is increasingly acting like a drowning person grasping at straws and has resorted to very strange explanations and outright lies to defend their mega-billion scandals.
Malaysians should be careful of their growing lies to cover their wrong-doings.
Source: Eric See-To