Perak rape-accused resumes Exco duties amid talks of DAP coup plot

Yong confirmed his return via a WhatsApp group after the media asked him why he was submitting written responses on behalf of the state government to questions in the state assembly. Source (pic): TTF Files

Perak rape-accused Paul Yong Choo Kiong resumed his duties as a state executive councillor effective today despite previously saying he would take a leave of absence pending a verdict on his rape trial.

Yong is said to be aligned with Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu and conforms to a DAP faction against Nga Kor Ming and party secretary-general Lim Guan Eng.

Nga and his team are believed to be in cohorts with the DAP central leadership and Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim to supplant Ahmad with state-exco and first time DAP assemblyman Aziz Bari.

Yong’s team is said to be contemplating a mass exodus of DAP assemblymen in Perak and elsewhere in protest of Guan Eng and several others in the party’s Central Executive Committee (CEC).


PETALING JAYA: Perak rape-accused Paul Yong Choo Kiong resumed his duties as a state executive councillor effective today despite previously saying he would take a leave of absence pending a verdict on his rape trial.

On the 23rd of August 2019, the DAP assemblyman claimed trial to the charge of raping the Indonesian at 52, Desa Meru 2, Meru Desa Park, Meru Raya here on July 7, between 8.15pm to 9.15pm.




Yong is said to be aligned with Perak Menteri Besar Ahmad Faizal Azumu and conforms to a DAP faction against Nga Kor Ming and party secretary-general Lim Guan Eng.

Nga and his team are believed to be in cohorts with the DAP central leadership and Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim to supplant Ahmad with state-exco and first time DAP assemblyman Aziz Bari.

Yong’s team is said to be contemplating a mass exodus of DAP assemblymen in Perak and elsewhere in protest of Guan Eng and several others in the party’s Central Executive Committee (CEC).

The Tronoh rep confirmed his return via a WhatsApp group after the media asked him why he was submitting written responses on behalf of the state government to questions in the state assembly.

“The decision was made after discussing with Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Ahmad Faizal Azumu.

“The mentri besar supports me to return to duty as usual,” he said in a statement.

According to a news report, Perak Speaker Datuk Ngeh Koo Ham said it was the MB’s prerogative to decide which state official would field questions to his administration.

Loading...

“According to law, Yong is still the state executive councillor and also an assemblyman. Whether he has been chosen to answer in the state assembly, it depends on the state government.

“If the state government has decided to allow Yong to answer, then I will not interfere as I’m only the State Speaker,” he told a press conference.

THE THIRD FORCE



Your donation is much appreciated and will go a long way towards helping us serve you better. Click the donate button below to make a contribution (you don't need a Paypal account to donate through Paypal, simply follow the instructions once you click the button).


SUBSCRIBE TO US ON YOUTUBE:



YOUTUBE: THE THIRD FORCE

TELEGRAM: Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen

TWITTER: Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen

WEBSITE: raggiejessyrithaudeen.com

Loading...

COMMENTS

Comments

Comments



Loading...