Following is an article published by NST Online complete with responses by TTF (in blue):
LANGKAWI: Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) vice-president Tan Sri Abdul Rashid Ab Rahman was mere expressing his own view when he called for the government to reinstate the Federal Development Department (JPP) for the benefit of the party.
TTF: Actually, Rashid was expressing the views of multiple PPBM division and branch leaders who gave him a thunderous applause the minute he suggested that they be given fat-paying government contracts.
Considering that these branch and division leaders form the backbone of PPBM, it is not too much to surmise that the party is indeed a carbon copy of the UMNO Mahathir created in 1988.
Basically, all these leaders want is to feed their cronies with millions upon millions that these cronies can then turn into billions.
They know, that the more their cronies make, the more these cronies will contribute to their war chests and help keep them in power for years and years to come.
Prime Minister and Bersatu chairman Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said the government could not make a decision based on the views raised by leaders during the party’s second annual general meeting (AGM), which concluded recently.
But he could still throw in his two cents by agreeing or disagreeing with the idea of dishing out government contracts to PPBM leaders.
The present Pakatan Harapan administration, said Dr Mahathir, will not return to the practise adopted by the previous Barisan Nasional regime, which abused JPP and give away government contracts and tenders to unqualified quarters that subsequently burden the rakyat.
TTF: There you go.
“That was his own view and he has the right to voice it. However, it does not mean that the party will follow his views.
It’s neither an aye nor a nay…
“The current government will never resort to the practise of our predecessor, which gave (contracts of) projects to their friends.
“The PH government will only award contracts via open tender. Anyone with capabilities and resources can bid for the tender.
TTF: Could you please make up your damn freakin’ mind???
“Qualified bidders regardless of their political affiliation will get the tender for the project,” Mahathir, who is also Langkawi member of parliament, said after attended the Back to School programme at SMK Kedawang here this morning.
TTF: Yes, just like the ‘open tender’ that awarded Mahathir’s family concern, Opcom Cables Sdn Bhd, Telekom’s Unifi service installation and restoration project.
On the 12th of September 2018, TTF wrote:
On the 30th of July 2018, the Prime Minister of Malaysia, Dr Mahathir Mohamad, appointed Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his protege, Dato’ Seri Azmin Ali, to the board of Khazanah Holding Sdn Bhd.
1. Mahathir appointed Mahathir as Chairman of the board.
2. By assuming the role of chairman, he chairs all board meetings and decides the order of each meeting.
3. It follows, that he gets to direct discussions and influence decisions in ways that suit his whims.
4. He also takes a leading role in determining the composition and structure of the company’s board to ensure that everyone is on a page with him.
5. Telekom is a subsidiary concern of Khazanah’s, while Opcom is owned by two of Mahathir’s sons and controlled by one of them.
6. On the 31st of July 2018, the very next day after Mahathir appointed Mahathir as Chairman of Khazanah, Opcom announced that it had bagged an RM11.16 million contract from Telekom for Unifi service installation and restoration.
7. The group’s subsidiary, Opcom Cables Sdn Bhd, was tasked with undertaking the work over an 18-month period ending the 31st of Dec 2019.
8. At 10.48am, the 1st of August 2018, Opcom’s share value rose 6.38% or 6 sen to RM1 with 16.7 million shares done.
9. The key people who reaped all the benefits from the price hike were none other than members of the Mahathir clan.
10. Mokhzani is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Opcom Holdings Berhad.
11. Together with Mirzan Mahathir, Mukhriz Mahathir and Tok Puan Norzieta Zakaria, he is classified under a category within the company that reads, “Interested Directors, Major Shareholders and Persons Connected” (to be published soon).
12. There is absolutely no question that Mahathir’s recent appointment to Khazanah was politically motivated and contravened terms associated with Pakatan’s election manifesto.
13. As it is, Mahathir may already have abused his power as the GLC’s new chairman by not calling off the award of a RM11.6 million project by Telekom Malaysia to Opcom Holdings Bhd (OPCOM).
14. And today, we’re told that Opcom intends to take part in Tenaga Nasional Bhd’s (TNB) new venture into telecommunications high-speed broadband, as part of the government’s National Connectivity Plan (NCP).
So you see, crony-capitalism is truly ‘dead’ in PPBM.
In his speech during the Bersatu’s AGM on Sunday, Abdul Rashid called for the functions of JPP to be reinstated for the benefit of the party’s division and branch chiefs nationwide.
Abdul Rashid, who is also the Federal Government’s Election Reform Committee chairman, said the leaders would be able to secure more projects, with the funds going back to their respective communities.
Dr Mahathir, when asked on the criticism from PH leaders against Abdul Rashid, said all leaders and quarters are entitled to their own opinions since Malaysia upholds democratic principle.
PH is so democratic, that the DAP’s Liew Chin Tong and Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin have been pressuring the police to breathe down my neck every time I open my mouth.
“We are living in a democratic country and we cannot simply shut the mouth of other or block the views of the people.
“There are times people will sing praises, there are also occasions they will criticise us. We cannot expect to be praised all the time,” he said.
Earlier, Dr Mahathir gave away assistance in the form of school equipment sponsored by Bank Muamalat to 226 pupils and students from 26 primary and secondary schools in the district.
Source: NST Online
Rashid exposes PPBM's innermost demons https://t.co/lwZj9MBCTE
— Raggie Jessy Rithaudeen (@RaggieJessy) January 1, 2019