TTF: Dr Mahathir Mohamad denied claims that a scheme to turn his son into Prime Minister exists. However, that is an outright lie. Following is the complete scheme of what the former premier planned mid 2016, a scheme he intends to follow through towards GE15:
1. Mahathir wants UMNO to think that the plan is for PPBM to rob the Barisan National party of its traditional voter base.
2. However, PPBM’s real target is not the Malays in general, but voters aged 35 or below who never really got a taste of how evil and despotic his administration during the eighties and nineties was.
3. From the onset, the former premier knew that PPBM would never garner enough votes from the Malay youth unless both PKR and the DAP was sabotaged.
4. To sabotage PKR and the DAP, all he did was convince Lim Kit Siang of the need for the DAP to forge an alliance with PPBM.
5. To win over the senior Lim, he claimed that PPBM had what it took to destabilise UMNO by turning Malay veterans against Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak.
5. To Kit Siang, a broken UMNO meant the Malays would be split between UMNO, PAS and PPBM. He figured that as long as the Malays were split, the DAP would be strong even if a small percentage of Chinese were to ditch the party on account of its alliance with Mahathir.
6. It was this conviction that ultimately led to the DAP’s alliance with PPBM.
7. As for PKR, Mahathir got Dato’ Seri Azmin Ali to convince Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim that PKR would fare badly during the election unless it forged an alliance with PPBM.
8. One thing led to another before Pakatan Harapan was born. The minute that happened, both the DAP and PKR were effectively sabotaged.
9. When it became apparent that the two parties would not perform as well as they did during GE13, Mahathir presented a new plan of action that involved the targeting of those aged 35 and below.
10. That explains why a greenhorn like Syed Saddiq was allowed to lead PPBM’s youth faction in the first place.
11. With the DAP weakened, Mahathir now expects PPBM to perform just as well as the Chinese chauvinist concern with each party getting 10-12 seats during GE14.
12. The minute the election is over, the former premier will undertake to approach Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and propose a plan of succession.
13. Under the terms of the proposal, he will get all 10-12 PPBM MPs along with some 200 party members to hop over to UMNO on condition that Dato’ Seri Mukhriz Mahathir be reinstated as Kedah Menteri Besar.
14. Mahathir would also demand that all the 200 or so PPBM defectors be allowed to vote during the UMNO general assembly.
15. Assuming Zahid agrees, Mahathir would get Mukhriz to contest the Deputy UMNO president post while Zahid will go straight for Najib’s jugular.
16. Assuming Zahid disagrees, Mahathir will get all PKR MPs aligned to Azmin to hop over to PPBM.
17. Then, once PPBM becomes the party with majority representation in Pakatan, Mahathir will squeeze PKR out of the equation before getting Mukhriz to lead a new coalition towards GE15.
That, in a nutshell, is the former premier’s grand plan.
KUALA LUMPUR: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today said he never had any secret plans to make his son Datuk Seri Mukhriz Mahathir the prime minister.
Dr Mahathir, who now chairs the federal opposition Pakatan Harapan (PH), said he has no plot to have DAP parliamentary leader Lim Kit Siang appointed as deputy prime minister if the Opposition takes over Putrajaya.
“Clearly, I say that I have never at any time complot with anyone, what more Lim Kit Siang to have any “Secret Agreement” or “Secret Pact” for the sole purpose of boosting my son Mukhriz to be Prime Minister and Lim as the Deputy Prime Minister if the Opposition Pact wins the 14th general election,” he said in his witness statement that was tendered in the High Court today.
Dr Mahathir, also the Umno president when he led the country’s administration, pointed out that Mukhriz did not even join Umno when he was still the prime minister.
“If, I have such intentions, surely during the time when I was still Prime Minister, and Mukhriz was still young in his 20s or 30s at that time, I would have done anything within my powers to boost his political career, where if it is checked or examined, will show that Mukhriz only became an Umno member not long after I stopped becoming Prime Minister.
“This is because, I had strictly barred my children including Mukhriz from actively being involved in politics. I did not want to be accused of abusing my position and power as Prime Minister and Umno president for my family’s interest,” he added.
Dr Mahathir today testified as the second and last witness in favour of Mukhriz’s defamation lawsuit against Tunku Abdul Aziz Tunku Ibrahim.
Mukhriz had sued over the latter’s allegation of a secret pact between Dr Mahathir and Lim to make Mukhriz prime minister and the DAP leader the deputy prime minister.
Last February 7, Mukhriz filed a defamation suit against Tunku Abdul Aziz over the latter’s December 30, 2016 statement that alleged such a secret plot, as well as over the latter’s January 3, 2017 statement that demanded a sworn statement from Mukhriz and Lim to deny such a plot.
In his witness statement filed for this lawsuit, Mukhriz had denied the existence of a secret pact between Dr Mahathir and Lim to make Mukhriz PM designate and to make Lim DPM designate.
Mukhriz had also said Tunku Abdul Aziz’s claims have been “proven” to be false and defamatory, citing PH’s January 7, 2018 announcement that Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia president Dr Mahathir and PKR’s Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail would be its PM designate and deputy PM designate.
The hearing before High Court judge Datuk Nordin Hassan will resume this Thursday, with Tunku Abdul Aziz will be cross-examined.
Source: The Malay Mail Online