TTF: Lim Guan Eng urged BN leaders today to admit that the GST caused price hikes (see news item below).
He told them to refer to facts and not falsehoods, implying that the BN leaders were propagating lies to insinuate that the SST caused price hikes.
But as usual, all that Lim had to offer were words and ‘reverse psychology’ syntax that themselves weren’t substantiated with figures.
So here’s the deal:
1. TTF challenges Lim to list down in the mainstream media the so-called lies propagated by BN leaders as proof that these leaders lied regarding price hikes due to the SST.
2. TTF also challenges Lim to provide exact calculations to prove that the SST would not cause price hikes when implemented.
3. TTF further challenges Lim to prove that the list of items subject to the PH government’s SST formula does not include essentials that were previously exempt from the GST.
4. TTF also challenges Lim to prove that prices of essential goods and food stuffs have not increased since PH abolished the GST.
5. TTF further challenges Lim to prove that the PH government worked out a specific mechanism to address and resolve woes of contractors and businessmen who suffered as a result of the Government of Malaysia’s (GoM) slipshod and hurried manner in zeroing the GST rate.
We at TTF are willing to give Lim 48 hours to prove the above, failing which we can safely conclude that Lim, like Dr Mahathir Mohamad, is a lying weasel whose sole purpose is to confuse the rakyat and pin the blame on BN for each and every of PH’s failures and blunders.
KUALA LUMPUR: Finance Minister Lim Guan Eng urged BN leaders to admit that the goods and services tax (GST) caused price hikes.
He advised them to argue their points on GST versus the sales and services tax (SST) based on facts and figures.
“Please refer to facts. We are dealing with facts and figures, not lies and falsehoods,” he said outside Dewan Negara today.
“That is why we don’t want to engage with them, because they don’t want to be guided by facts and figures.
“We hope BN can now concede that GST caused price hikes.”
Lim said the Pakatan Harapan government was willing to admit that SST, which comes into effect on Sept 1, may cause price hikes, but insisted that it would only be half as bad as GST.
Lim said the government would be lenient with traders on SST registration, initially.
“If you can give us a reasonable excuse (for registering late), we will be lenient,” he said.
“But, it cannot be used as an excuse not to register. It is better to register. Because, you must remember, if you register, let’s say, on Oct 1, you have to pay the tax for September.”
Source: NST Online