On the 19th of September 2018, I wrote an article that made public an attempt by UMNO president Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi to manipulate Dr Mahathir Mohamad, Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim, members of the “Majlis Kerja Tertinggi” UMNO and Members of Parliament from the party. Key among points I raised are as follows:
1. Dato’ Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi is facing some serious accusations related to some wrongdoing he committed prior to GE14.
2. If Mahathir wanted, he could have gotten both the police and the MACC to trigger a discovery into the accusations long ago before getting Zahid charged on multiple counts.
3. But the Prime Minister held himself back for a reason.
4. That reason had something to do with an ultimatum he delivered to Zahid which the UMNO president has agreed to in principle.
5. The ultimatum was delivered in a meeting that took place between the two on Thursday, the 13thof September 2018.
6. The ultimatum was as follows:
a. Only select UMNO MPs would be allowed into Pakatan Harapan.
b. UMNO MPs who’re facing legal battles or those being investigated by the MACC and/or police were off limits.
c. All other UMNO MPs willing to cross over into Pakatan Harapan would not be offered government posts.
7. Mahathir then handed Zahid a list containing the names of UMNO MPs he was willing to consider.
8. Zahid’s supporters – at least, those who seem to be in the know – and UMNO’s MPs were not told of the list, which, if you haven’t already guessed, excludes Dato’ Seri Najib Tun Razak and anyone seen aligned with him.
Yesterday, a posting that went viral revealed that Zahid had approached a certain ‘buyer’ to sell off all UMNO MPs en bloc. The posting added that the ‘buyer’ refused to ‘purchase’ 12 of the MPs but did not specify if the remaining were ‘bought’.
Question is, who is this so-called buyer Zahid approached, and are the UMNO MPs aware of it?